Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Heroes

These are two poems about my heroes:
Steve Prefontaine and Steve Goodman
If you don't know who they are find out.
(yes I know it's weird they're both steve's)

Pre:

You held every american record from two to ten,
But in the end you lost to lassie viren.
It's ok, he probalbly blood doped anyway.
What I'm trying to say,
is Pre, you're my hero;
and I don't mean the sandwhich.

A Good Man:
You sang about repo-men, auctioneers, and really long train rides,
You loved the cubs so much they'd sell you their hides.
You played at the earl of old town,
Man it's too bad the tore it down.
I've never looked at hotel rooms or mail-order ads the same,
To think you're gone is a shame.
I know I'm twenty years too late,
But Steve- you're really great.

1 comment:

Clay Eals said...

Good to see your poem about Steve Goodman. He often doesn't get his due. You might be interested in my new 800-page biography, "Steve Goodman: Facing the Music."

You can find out more at my Internet site (below). The book's first printing just sold out, all 5,000 copies, and a second edition of 5,000 is available now. The second edition includes hundreds of little updates and additions, including 30 more photos for a total of 575.

To order a second-printing copy, see the "online store" page of my site. Just trying to spread word about the book. Feel free to do the same!

Clay Eals
1728 California Ave. S.W. #301
Seattle, WA 98116-1958

(206) 935-7515
(206) 484-8008
ceals@comcast.net
http://www.clayeals.com